Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort-3.0: WARNING: active responses disabled since DAQ can't inject packets.

From: Russ <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:23:32 -0400

On 3/26/15 1:04 PM, Yuhui Lin wrote:

hi,

I was testing snort 3.0-alpha. While I execute the following command, I got a warning everytime.

command:

$SNORT3_PATH/bin/snort -c $SNORT3_PATH/etc/snort.lua -R $SNORT3_PATH/myRule.rules -l $SNORT3_PATH/logTest -r $SNORT3_PATH/myPcap.pcap -A alert_fast -n 100

warning:
WARNING: active responses disabled since DAQ can't inject packets.

I don’t understand why my DAQ can’t inject packets...
There are 2 things going on ... first, the pcap DAQ is for readback only. It does not support packet injection. Second, active response modules were partly enabling if loaded instead of upon configuration. A fix for that was push to github earlier today.

$SNORT3_PATH/bin/snort -c $SNORT3_PATH/etc/snort.lua -R $SNORT3_PATH/myRule.rules -l $SNORT3_PATH/logTest -r $SNORT3_PATH/myPcap.pcap -A alert_fast -n 100
o")~ Snort++ 3.0.0-a1-140
back_orifice
classifications
ftp_data