Snort mailing list archives

pulledpork config two different error messages

From: Flo <Flo.Matuschek () web de>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 14:22:43 +0100

Hi Forum Users,

my Problem is with Snort in the Version 2.9.7.0 and I this try to Install this with:

Setup Guide: „Snort 2.9.6.2 on Ubuntu 12 LTS and 14 LTS“(from the Site: www.snort.org <http://www.snort.org/>)

I'm about the Chapter 11 with the headline „Rulesets and a Snort Code“.

After editing the „/etc/snort/pulledpork.conf“ like the guide,I run following command:
sudo /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl -c /etc/snort/pulledpork.conf -l

Now I get the error message:

Checking latest MD5 for snortrules -2970.tar.gz.....

Error 422 when fetching https://www.snort.org/ <https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2970.tar.gz.md5>reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2970.tar.gz.md5 <https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2970.tar.gz.md5> at /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 463

main::md5file('<XXX>', 'snortrules – snapshot-2970-tar.gz' ,' /tmp/' , 'https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/&apos;) called at /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 1847

Now I found following text more times:

„So, once it is working on the snort.org<http://snort.org/> website, the new rule_url line should be as you specified below, with no |, ignoring the rules specified?“

So I removed the Pipe- Symbols in the three lines with insert my <oinkcode>.

Then the upper errormessage disappeared but a new come in additon:

„You need to define an oinkcode, please review the rule_url section of the
pulledpork config file! “at /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.pl line 1801.

What can I do now? My search hours are not sucessful.
Thanks!