Snort mailing list archives

Re: Some Snort beginner questions

From: Sec_Aficionado <secaficionado () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 12:13:33 -0500

I'm on the same boat as you. I experimented with AFPacket and a bit with NFQueue, but the first one does not work with
that configuration at all and the latter requires significant tweaking.

You can try Snortsam. It may do what you are looking for. It has an iptables plugin. You can read more at
www.snortsam.net.

I am not affiliated with the project in any way.