Snort mailing list archives

Help needed to modify drop rules to reject rules with pulledpork modifysid.conf

From: Alex Lam <alexcklam () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 23:11:27 -0700

Hi,

I run Snort in inline mode and I have setup drop rules using dropsid.conf.
Now, how can I turn these dropsid.conf rules from "drop" to "reject”?
I tried this line in modifysid.conf

* "^\s*drop" “reject"

but it did not work even when my pulledpork.conf already has this line:-

state_order = enable,drop,modify,disable

Here are extracts from my pulledpork run log:

Modifying Sids....
        Modifying ALL SIDS from:^\s*drop to:reject
        Done!
Processing /root/pulledpork-0.7.0/etc/enablesid.conf....
        Enabled 1:2005283
        Enabled 1:2010514

<snip>

        Will drop 124:8
        Will drop 131:3
        Modified 12783 rules
        Done
Processing /root/pulledpork-0.7.0/etc/modifysid.conf....
        Modified 0 rules
        Done
Processing /root/pulledpork-0.7.0/etc/disablesid.conf....

<snip>

Any ideas how I can turn dropsid.conf-enabled rules from “drop” to “reject”??

Thanks
alex