Snort mailing list archives

Re: SSL traffic block using Snort rules

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 22:14:30 -0400

On 8/25/2014 9:36 AM, Ravi Kukadia wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to understand that is it possible to block SSL traffic using Snort
rules? I wanted to block https websites on my network but not sure whether I can
do with Snort or not.

yes, it is possible... simply detect the originating SYN on the port and drop...
but then why do all that when you can simply drop/block on the firewall??