Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Drop Rules Logging

From: PS <packetstack () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:14:48 -0400

Thanks Joel!

On Jul 30, 2014, at 11:07 AM, Joel Esler (jesler) <jesler () cisco com> wrote:

The results you are looking for are in the unified2 output log.

--
Joel Esler
Open Source Manager

On Jul 30, 2014, at 9:46 AM, PS <packetstack () gmail com> wrote:

Hello,

I did some searching online to see if I could fine the answer to my question, but I was not able to find it.

I want to know if  there is a way to determine the action of a signature match. I don’t see in the “alert_full”
anywhere where it would indicate a Drop vs Alert. Not sure if it is any different for unified logging. Am I supposed
to be tracking this by adding Drop to the message of the rule when dealing with Drop rules?

Thanks!