Snort mailing list archives

Snort in Debian 6.0.9 with Barnyard2

From: chozy fachrul <fahrul_chozy () live com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 06:07:49 +0800

Hi all...
I'm Oji from Indonesia (State Polytechnic of Ujung Pandang).. I have a
final project about IDS.. and I tried to install snort, barnyard2, and
pulledpork. when I install snort, pulledpork, and base everything is
fine.

But, I have problem when I tried to install barnyard2. Here's the detail:

- Debian 6.0.9 x86

- I use this command to install barnyard2:

apt-get -y install git

git clone https://github.com/firnsy/barnyard2.git

cd barnyard2

autoreconf -fvi -I ./m4

locate update

locate libmysqlclient

# Use the /usr/lib/$DIR path for the libmysqlclient in the next command, this will

# vary per CPU architecture

./configure --with-mysql --with-mysql-libraries=$DIR

make

make install

mv /usr/local/etc/barnyard2.conf /etc/snort

cp schemas/create_mysql /usr/src

I think it is similiar to command that I found from ids deb snort pdf document (created by jason weir):

# cd /usr/src && wget https://nodeload.github.com/firnsy/b...tarball/master

# tar -zxf master && cd firnsy-barnyard2-*

# autoreconf -fvi -I ./m4 && ./configure --with-mysql && make && make install

# mv /usr/local/etc/barnyard2.conf /etc/snort

# cp schemas/create_mysql /usr/src

I found a problem in: Use the /usr/lib/$DIR path for the libmysqlclient
in the next command, it shows an error, so I just use this command:

usr/lib#./configure --with-mysql --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib

and it run well, but when I want to run Barnyard it shows an error:

#/usr/local/bin/barnyard2 -c /etc/snort/barnyard2.conf -d /var/log/snort \

  -f snort.log -w /etc/snort/bylog.waldo -C /etc/snort/classification.config &

"ERROR: SetChroot: Can not chdir to "/usr/local/bin/barnyard2": Not a directory"

ps: important files and directory.

/etc/snort/rules

/etc/snort/barnyard2.conf

/etc/snort/snort.conf

Please your help.. I attach my snort.conf and barnyard2.conf file...

Thanks