Snort mailing list archives

Re: Question about Sguil

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 17:49:31 +0000

Nothing to special.. it's Ruby on rails.. it's creator is also working on a
a commercial cloud based product based off snorby itself.  If you need help
with the SELinux parts or want to secure it, just drop a line on the user
mailing list for it.

Doug's SO is also great tool to see how they all work.  You should install
it in a VM to get an idea of the different options and choices. I know
redoing the IDS isn't always an options and it is possible to install all
the bits separate (not via SO, but from the individual packages), but it's
a great way to test drive and play and even use full time if you are
starting from scratch or a clean server.