Snort mailing list archives

Re: From IDS to IPS

From: Teo En Ming <teo.en.ming () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 05:37:53 +0800

Dear Joel,

Have you posted the manuals which I have written?

Regards,

Teo En Ming

On 2014-04-07 10:31, Teo En Ming wrote:

Dear James,

May I know what is nfq?

After reading through your email, I still have no idea how to go
about
converting Snort from IDS to IPS.

Could you write a more detailed manual, covering every single step
along the way?

Teo En Ming

NFQ is the linux netfilter queue...basically you setup snort and
netfilter to instead of detect, to block.  I've sent Joel a writeup on
it.

 Just posted:

 http://www.snort.org/docs

 --