Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Dynamic Preprocessor for BACnet

From: "Russ Combs (rucombs)" <rucombs () cisco com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 23:43:26 +0000

From: highend [highend () onycs com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 4:54 PM
To: Russ Combs (rucombs)
Subject: Re: Snort Dynamic Preprocessor for BACnet

Hello Mr. Combs,

rate_filter would do almost perfectly fit my needs.
Is there a way to use it in a dynamic preprocessor w/o rewriting it?

* You would want to use these files:

    src/sfutil/sfrf.c
    src/sfutil/sfrf.h

Am 09.05.2014 15:01, schrieb Russ Combs (rucombs):
Glad to hear you are making progress.  As for rate limiting, the closest
thing would be rate_filter, although that is not a preprocessor.  The
rate filter changes the action on a rule (eg from alert to drop).  You
might try that out to see how it works and then look at the code to see
if it helps you with your effort.