Snort mailing list archives

Inquiry about snort‏

From: Mejally Khdour <mejally.khdour () hotmail com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 16:17:07 +0000

Hi
I'm a fifth year student at Birzeit University, my graduation project is Testing and Evaluation of IPv6 Impact on
Intrusion Detection Systems, therefore I used snort as an intrusion detection system, I faced a problem in
understanding the architecture of snort, and how its files are connected,  I tried to change the alerts syntax which
come out on command prompt when attacks were detected, but unfortunately I failed.
ex: instead of (snort decoder) warning : ICMP type not decoded                       ->(snort decoder) warning : Flood
Advertise6 attck
may you tell me how to change the syntax of the alert (warning) if possible or send me some references which will help,
please?