Snort mailing list archives

Re: Baryard2 error

From: basant subba <basantsubba () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 10:56:52 +0530

Thank you everyone for the help. Now even the BASE is up and running. If
anyone else is having the same problem, I would recommend them to visit
this page for trouble shooting

http://www.howtoforge.com/intrusion-detection-with-snort-mysql-apache2-on-ubuntu-7.10

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 9:49 AM, Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com> wrote:

Once you install base (or as part of the install process) you tell it to
use the DB that you have with BY2.  I haven't installed BASE in YEARS so I
don't recall the exact process, but it should be too hard.

Worse case, you have to nuke your DB, have base create it and then use
that DB with BY2.  You can have BY2 replay the unified 2 files that you
already sent if you need to start over.

You might find BASE a bit limiting and you might look into playing with
Snorby.. it uses a BY2 compatible DB..

And glad you got it working!