Snort mailing list archives

vrt rules snapshot 2961 are unavailable for reg-users

From: Arvid Van Essche <arvid () vanessche be>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 08:21:24 +0200

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I compiled the latest snortversion 2.9.6.1 and encountered an
issue in the logs with pulledpork.

Error 403 when fetching
https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2961.tar.gz.md5

After some initial investigation, it seems that the rules for snapshot 2961
are not present on the snort.org website. This seems only the case for
registered users. Subscribed users are capable of downloading the latest
file.

Is this expected behavior due to the running 30-days behind rule?

I assume snort 2.9.6.0 rules can be combined with snort version 2.9.6.1
with maybe losing some additional features introduced in the 2.9.6.1 logic?

Best regards,
Arvid Van Essche