Snort mailing list archives

Re: Can you make snort work with mysql after first installing snort?

From: "Steve Crow" <scrow () amarilloheartgroup com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:31:17 -0500

Wkitty, thank you for your input. I'm newer to the list so I'm not sure what
I did wrong:

" also, please remember to start your own thread/topic by using the "write
new message" option instead of replying to someone else's thread/topic...
this way, you don't hijack their discussion and it makes it easier for
others to see your discussion... some of us will block/filter/ignore certain
topics after a certain time and if you try to tag along on that topic, your
posts will be missed..."

Don't we just have to send a new email to snort-users () lists sourceforge net
to start a new thread? Sometimes I will reply to an email and erase the
subject and content - thinking this creates a 'new' email; does this cause a
problem?

Thanks again,

Steve