Snort mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSL TLS DTSL Heartbleed Bug Sig

From: Nicholas Bogart <nickybzoss () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 06:37:00 +0300

I had just about the same one that I posted yesterday.  Joel referenced me
to the latest on the VRT Blog http://vrt-blog.snort.org/ which has several
rules covering it in the latest updates.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 5:07 AM, LIONEL PLAZA <leo240sx () gmail com> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

Here's a first take at the OpenSSL Heartbleed sig.  I didn't get a chance
to test, due to moving offices and losing access to lab (temporarily).  But
I figured someone could try it out and refine it.

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg: "OpenSSL TLS
DTLS Heartbleed bug CVE-2014-160"; flow:to_server,established;
content:"GET"; nocase; http_method; content:"|18 03 03 00 40 03|";
byte_test:6; reference:"cve,2014-160"; classtype: successful-user; sid:xxx;
rev: 1;)

Cheers!
Leo