Snort mailing list archives

Re: Port mirroring settings for SNORT

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 19:33:14 -0400

On 3/28/2014 2:31 PM, basant subba wrote:
How do I set my SNORT configuration in promiscuous mode so that it captures

as has been told to another user in this list in the last week or so, you
don't... snort does that on its own... it has to to be able to read all data
flowing past or though the link...

packets from other machine in the network as well. Presently it is only
monitoring the packets of my machine but I want it to capture packets from other
devices in the network as well.

1. what OS are you running snort under?

2. what user are you running snort as?

3. have you read the FAQ? specifically the question on how to write a post that
will get the answers you desire?