Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort is not able to forward report to Base.

From: Stephen Fernandis [IT Shared Services – Hub] <fernans () mtn co ug>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 17:35:42 +0300

Hi Ayodele,

Thanks for your assist,

1)   is logging to MySQL via barnyard2
Ans Yes I logged the mysql via barnyard2, but as per below url of windows snort installation I ignore this step during
as mention in screenshot. Because I didn’t get the activators and 'sid-msg.map' file on snort site and google. Please
let me know due to that reason I facing the issue of forward generated logs to Base.

http://winsnort.com/index.php?module=Pages&func=display&pageid=40

[cid:image002.png@01CF08AA.297F12D0]

2)   Check your MySQL database and make sure BASE already has its tables added to the existing Snort Database.
Ans yes I had created.

3)   Why using Windows 7 and not a Linux OS?
Ans I am not comfortable  with linux OS.

Kind Regards,
Stephen Fernandis
Network & Security Domain, Information Technology |MTN-HUB
Cell + 256 785373903 Desk +256 312125995 |email : fernans () mtn co ug<mailto:fernans () mtn co ug>
[cid:image001.png@01CF08A8.8F4E1220]

I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the
top, but should get you pretty near- In memory of Margaret Thatcher