Snort mailing list archives

Re: Regarding set wise pattern matcher

From: "Hui Cao (huica)" <huica () cisco com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 15:13:01 +0000

Hi Sri,

You can find the pattern matcher from this file: snort/src/sfutil/bnfa_search.c

Best,
Hui.

From: sri harsha <sriharsha9992 () gmail com<mailto:sriharsha9992 () gmail com>>
Date: Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 7:40 AM
To: "snort-devel () lists sourceforge net<mailto:snort-devel () lists sourceforge net>" <snort-devel () lists
sourceforge net<mailto:snort-devel () lists sourceforge net>>
Subject: [Snort-devel] Regarding set wise pattern matcher

 Hi,

     I am using SNORT IDS and i am very much interested in its detection process. Snort uses set wise boyer moore
horspool algorithm.

    I am unable to locate the implementation of the algorithm in its source file. It would be really helpful if you can
help me with explanation of this set wise detection engine.

   In which source file is the implementation given ??

   At what stage and for what purpose are AC and BMH algorithms used ??

   Thank you in advance.

regards,
sri harsha