Snort mailing list archives

Re: create-sidmap.pl

From: SnortFan <SnortFan () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:20:09 -0500

Will pull pork recreate the sid_msg.map file for me to include any changes I do to my custom rules even if I don't pull
down a new VRT rule set?

Thanks,
Ed

Sent from a mobile device.

On Jan 22, 2014, at 3:07 PM, Y M <snort () outlook com> wrote:

It seems that you are using version 2 of the sid-msg.map file. I am not familiar with the create-sidmap.pl script,
but it seems it is targeting version 1 of the sid-msg.map. Either look for a newer version the script that supports
v2 or use PulledPork instead.

YM