Snort mailing list archives

Re: Beginner Rule Problem

From: Kodiak80 <kodiak80 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:08:19 -0600

I finally got my issue resolved with help over on the pfSense forums.  In case anyone else runs into a similar problem,
I was missing a classification in my rule.  Once I added a 'classtype: inappropriate-content', the rule worked as
expected.  Not sure if that is a general Snort requirement, or unique to the pfSense Snort install.  Thanks to those
offering help.