Snort mailing list archives

Re: Zabbix for Snort performance monitoring

From: Eric G <eric () nixwizard net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 08:29:57 -0400

On Oct 10, 2013 8:02 AM, "Anshuman Anil Deshmukh" <anshuman () cybage com>
wrote:

-    This is my test setup. Somehow I missed to install the latest
version of Zabbix.

Anshuman right off the bat I would suggest you upgrade to the zabbix20
packages that are in the CentOS EPEL repository. 2.0 adds a lot of features
and has been quite stable for me on several production servers. The
addition of dynamic items alone makes it worth it in my opinion.

That said, what version is your agent? There should be an agent version
item that is polled from your Zabbix server if you look in "Latest data"
under the monitoring tab on your Zabbix server web interface.

Different agent versions support different item queries

--
Eric
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ericgearhart