Snort mailing list archives

Re: ERROR: Can't set DAQ BPF filter to 'status' (pcap_daq_set_filter: pcap_compile: syntax error)! Fatal Error, Quitting..

From: k vijay sai Prashanth <vijaysaiprashanth () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 16:05:12 +0530

Okay. So the below command should do it right?

snort -i eth2 -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -T

Regards,
Prashanth

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:02 PM, k vijay sai Prashanth <
vijaysaiprashanth () gmail com> wrote:

I've also run snort using command

Command: snort -D -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i eth2

This creates the log file but there are no enteries to the log file. The
space of the log file is constant at zero.

Regards,
Prashanth

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM, k vijay sai Prashanth <