Snort mailing list archives

[SPAM] Re: Snort variables longer than 65535 bytes

From: Dave Venman <dave.venman () yahoo co uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 08:50:41 +0000

Jon:

  At the risk of coming across as flippant, I would suggest that the
workaround is to review the variables and reduce their size.

  I would hazard a guess that the variables causing the problem have grown
organically over the years, and this has led to that situation.  64K for a
list of IPs or ports ?  Very odd.