Snort mailing list archives

Re: Question about snort rules

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 19:22:51 -0400

If you are asking if it's possible to only trigger after a certain amount of events happen, yes, it's possible to do
that with rate filtering.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 7, 2013, at 6:27 PM, Fernando Villegas <fava.007 () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,
I need to know if is possible to create rules with conditionality temporary or quantity. For example, "if I receive
more than one package 'A' in less than 5 seconds" or "if I receive more than 10 packages 'A' to so ..."
I'll wait your answer, thank you for your time.
regards!

--
Atentamente,
Fernando Antonio Villegas Acevedo