Snort mailing list archives

SNORT vs WANGUARD

From: Florent Bautista <florent () coppint com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 12:12:32 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm using SNORT for a while with very small networks and I'm looking for
a solution on larger networks.

A lot of ISP are using Arbor solutions, which are very costly.

Some others are using WANGUARD
(http://www.andrisoft.com/software/wanguard/packet-sniffing-mirroring)
and are very satisfied for a very small cost ($500/yr for Sensor only).

Has anybody experience here with SNORT vs WANGUARD ?

I'm aware to listen your experiences.

Thank you.