Snort mailing list archives

Re: Pulledpork duplicate rules

From: "C. L. Martinez" <carlopmart () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:06:16 +0000

Answers in-line

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 1:55 PM, JJC <cummingsj () gmail com> wrote:
We will need a little more information than this.  A few questions to get us started though:

1: Did you delete your old rules files before running PP?

No. I am trying with rules previously downloaded. Removing old rules,
works but it is not efficient ...

2: Are you using a single file or keeping all files?

I keep all files.

3: Has the new version of PP ever run successfully for you?

It is the first time I've used. With version 0.6.0 all works as expected.

4: These duplicate SIDs, are they in different files, if so what are the timestamp differences of each for
create/modify?

No, they are added to exists rules files.

This should get us started...

JJC