Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 issue w/unified2 ?

From: beenph <beenph () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:17:46 -0400

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM, John Ives <jives () security berkeley edu> wrote:

Jeff,

My understanding from my own research is that for each instance of
snort on a system there needs to be an instance of barnyard2 each with
its own configuration file.

Each instance Need its own configuration file that will differentiate
each instance
especialy if you log to a database.

If you log to syslog for example you can use only one configuration and spawn
each by2 process with a script loop.

Supposedly, that is all that is needed.
However, I have not been able to make it work as all but one of the
barnyards will eventually crash.

Could you define crash?
Which error was it reporting, etc...

-elz