Snort mailing list archives

Re: DDoS protection performance statistics

From: Keith A. Glass <salgak () speakeasy net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 11:40:36 EDT

SNORT is many things, but it does not STOP incoming traffic, much less a DDOS.  Might I suggest a firewall with
rate-limiting ???

DETECTING a DDOS, that's a different question, and not what you asked. . .

Keith

Security Geek  * Curmudgeon at Large *  Short on Sleep

On Fri Aug  9  6:35 , Andrey Resler  sent:

Hi everyone,

I represent one of the companies that provide security appliances to our customers, which have SNORT based protection
included in their functionality. One of the most
asked question in our region is “How well does your
product protect from DDoS attacks?”. Is there a way to get some statistics, numbers, performance showings, or
anything else that could help us show how effective is
Snort against DDoS attacks? Is this data available at all?

Best Regards,

Resler Andrey

PANDA SECURITY
in RUSSIA