Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort only produces Steam5 alerts

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 19:54:30 -0600

On Sep 27, 2013, at 7:50 PM, Joe Seanor <joseph.seanor () gmail com> wrote:

James,

Thanks for the reply.

Home_Net is: 192.168.0.12 (I am only protecting a single box with this)
External_Net is:  !$HOME_NET

Ruleset, I ran pulledpork with my oinkcode and I did nothing to modify any of the rules in the snort.rules file.  I
checked the file and found rules that were active and rules that were commented out.

I wonder if it is part of my install, since another time I had something similar, I wiped the box, reinstalled and it
worked that time.  I went and did my new install plan, which had Qmailrocks installed first, then Snort, and all the
other items.  And I am finding the issues with Snort only alerting on the one alert.

Joe