Snort mailing list archives

Re: *.rules files empty

From: JJ Cummings <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:40:02 -0600

I should say the use of pulled pork with a single output file

Sent from the iRoad

On Sep 24, 2013, at 10:14, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com> wrote:

On Sep 23, 2013, at 11:27 PM, wkitty42 () windstream net wrote:

On Monday, September 23, 2013 2:06 PM, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com> wrote:
Lukáš,

I think you're looking for is at
"http://blog.snort.org/2012/03/rule-category-reorganization.html.”

while true, shouldn't those old empty rules files be altered so as to

1. not contain the unnecessary boiler plate

2. contain a simple statement that it is an obsolete and no longer used file/category

3. contain a pointer to the above url

??  ;)

aside: main workstation down - am stuck using webmail crap until operation restored :(

We are just going to delete them soon, but I can understand what you are saying.

Thanks.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT