Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Sigs for 2.9.5.5 for registered users not available?

From: <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 05:19:09 -0400

On Friday, September 20, 2013 12:45 PM, Turnbough, Bradley E. <bturnbough () belcan com> wrote:
Ok.  So what do I do now that I have 2.9.5.5 installed on production servers and
can't use it?

what do you mean you can't use it? the textual rules should still work quite well... the SO rules likely will NOT,
though...

if you absolutely /must/ have the SO rules, you can recompile those from the earlier rule set you get your textual
rules from... there may need to be a tweak needed in the makefile (i believe) for the engine version or such but it can
be done... i've done it with 2.9.4 rules on 2.9.5 snort...