Snort mailing list archives

Re: Can snort analyze traffic from RSPAN port?

From: Mike Hale <eyeronic.design () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 08:45:55 -0700

The security onion distro definitely can.   That's how I'm feeding it
traffic.   There might be a vlan detagging script in there.
 On Sep 12, 2013 8:17 AM, "Russ Combs" <rcombs () sourcefire com> wrote:

It just might, but it depends on what other encapsulations are present.

It would be helpful if you could try it out and let us know your results.
If it doesn't work, some pcaps would also help.

Thanks
Russ

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Diana Patricia Chila Murcia <