Snort mailing list archives

Re: HTTP Inspect with only a GET request.

From: James Lay <digitalx00 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 12:09:18 -0600

On May 22, 2013, at 12:03 PM, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com> wrote:

On May 22, 2013, at 1:08 PM, Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com> wrote:
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Shawn Lee <dashawn () gmail com> wrote:
Thanks for the input. That works great on static files. Is there a way to
have this work with snort listening to an interface in IDS mode?

Presently, not without the ACK.

To clarify, this will work if you use "preprocessor normalize_tcp: ips" directive in your snort.conf.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT

Will this work even if you're not running IPS mode?  I've always wondered to leave the IPS mode jazz in my config or
not..thanks Joel.

James