Snort mailing list archives

Newb Question

From: Josh Bitto <jbitto () onlineschool ca>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 09:38:10 -0700

I'm using pfsense and I haven't turned on blocking yet. So to kind of tell you what my setup is I have a wan interface
and then internal interfaces......So I usually just want to turn on blocking from source...Is there a way to exclude my
wan interface IP from being blocked? My worry is that if there is something outbound as the wan interface as being the
source IP that snort would block it. Then I inadvertently have blocked service to my users. Which is something I want
to avoid. Am I over thinking this?

Josh