Snort mailing list archives

Re: Quite new but need to understand snort's core.

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 09:47:03 -0400

Guy,

I suggest you download the Source code available at www.snort.org.  The files you want will be in the src/ directory.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT
OpenSource Community Manager
Sourcefire

On May 16, 2013, at 7:19 AM, Guy Martial Nkenne Tchassi <nkennetguy () gmail com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Up till now, i've been a simple snort user for netork surveillance. Recently i've been confronted to a situation wich
makes me want to get into snort development. By that, i mean that i need to understand snort's source code in order
to be able to customize it to my requirements.
So i'll like you to help me with getting the snort source code, the developper's documentation and some tips to get
started.

Thanks.
Archive:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=snort-devel