Snort mailing list archives

Re: Monitoring Multiple Subnets

From: Caleb Jaren <tropism.prophet () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 14:49:57 -0700

I couldn't make sense out of your diagram as gmail is doing some funky
rendering ATM, but I would imagine that unless your budget is *free* this
would work out pretty well. It has a SPAN port and is under $100 USD.

http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-GS108T-NAS-Prosafe-8-Port-Gigabit/dp/B003KP8VSK

I use one of these both at work and at home for doing monitoring and have
no complaints.

I dont have your setup, but I'd imagine that so long as both routers are
plugged into the unmanaged switch and that $HOME_NET on the snort box is
configured properly it will work. Of course, you'll probably have to set it
up and try it out to be 100% sure. :)