Snort mailing list archives

Re: Install snort + BY2 on RaspberryPi (OS : Raspbian)

From: Quentin Vallin <quentin.vallin () coria fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:46:40 +0200

Le 15/04/2013 18:19, Balasubramaniam Natarajan a écrit :

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Quentin Vallin <quentin.vallin () coria fr <mailto:quentin.vallin () coria fr>> wrote:

    Hello all,

    I try to install snort on raspberryPI, but when i want to launch
    it, with "/usr/local/snort/bin/snort -c
    /usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf -i eth0", i have this error :

    Tagged Packet Limit: 256
    /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicengine/libsf_engine.so... done
    /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules...
    /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/snmp.so... ERROR: Failed
    to load /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/snmp.so:
    /usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/snmp.so: cannot open
    Fatal Error, Quitting..

    |in my directory "/usr/local/snort/lib/snort_dynamicrules/|", il
    have file (|-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root   60047 Mar 28 15:05 snmp.so)
    (chmod777 for test ...)

    Have you got any suggestion ?

Could you please let us know what is the version of snort you are using (snort -v) ? I guess I had a similar problem when I was using snort 2.9.4 However that was not when I was using it on RasberryPI.

--
Regards,
Balasubramaniam Natarajan

I have the  Version 2.9.4.1 GRE (Build 69).

I have the same install on a PC, and i haven't any problem to launch it.