Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Emerging-Sigs] Rule assist

From: Will Metcalf <wmetcalf () emergingthreatspro com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:08:11 -0500

Should work just fine. Usually when things should work but don't, I
automatically suspect incomplete/corrupted pcap. Trying running the pcap
again with "-k none" ?

Regards,

Will

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM, James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>wrote:

Hey all,

So once in a while I see a compromised site that has something like the
below after an initial redirect:

GET /?1 HTTP/1.1
<snip>
Host: 93.171.172.179

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
<snip>
LOCATION: http://93.171.172.179/?2

I'm trying to determine what's the best method for catching this.  Here's
what I think I understand:

http_uri would match "?1", would http_raw_uri match "/?1" or even "/?1
HTTP/1.1"?  I'd like to ideally match the entire "GET /?1 HTTP/1.1"..I've
tried matching with http_header and http_raw_header, but I've not had any
luck getting snort to fire on the pcap.  I've hexed the ? and ? as well.
 Any assistance would help...thanks all!

James

Support Emerging Threats! Subscribe to Emerging Threats Pro
http://www.emergingthreats.net
The ONLY place to get complete premium rulesets for all versions of
Suricata and Snort 2.4.0 through Current!