Snort mailing list archives

Snort slowly problem

From: Ozgur Karatas <okaratas () yandex com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:12:05 -0400

Hello all;

I use Debian Wheezy and Snort, DAQ and Base.

base-1.4.5
daq
libdnet
libpcap
snort_2.9.4.6

Debian and kernel version:

# cat /etc/debian_version
7.0

# uname
Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.41-2+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Snort trying to bridge mode but network traffic running very slow.

Snort command: snort -D -d --daq nfq -Q -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

FW command: iptables -A FORWARD -j NFQUEUE

barnyard command: barnyard2 -D -c /etc/snort/barnyard2.conf -d /var/log/snort -f snort.log -w
/etc/snort/barnyard2.waldo -C /etc/snort/classification.config

# brctl show
bridge namebridge idSTP enabledinterfaces
br08000.647002130cfanoeth0
eth1

How do I solve this problem of slowness? Where could be the problem?

Thanks for all help

Regards

Ozgur Karatas