Snort mailing list archives

Re: Nettraveler sig

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:22:08 -0600

LoL...that's awesome...thanks Joel :)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 4, 2013, at 17:18, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com> wrote:

James,

You are going to love this one..

I got the samples and ran them through our sandbox, captured the pcaps, ran them against Snort, etc.

We already catch this, so I'm thinking, no problem, I'll move the rule into the community ruleset.  I go to edit the
rule, and it's already in the community ruleset.

ORLY?  I said to myself, who wrote it?

Looked in the AUTHORS file (in the community tarball) and guess who wrote it?

You.

Congrats.

26656

--