Snort mailing list archives

Re: Questions about sids.

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:48:57 -0400

On Apr 8, 2013, at 9:37 AM, Joao Daniel Neves <joaodanielnevesss () hotmail com> wrote:

I'm a bit lost. I always have a lot of alerts of sid 1-373 ( http://www.snort.org/search/sid/1-373 ) it is
PROTOCOL-ICMP PING Flowpoint2200 or Network Management Software.

I think that is not a reason to bother since it is just a ping. I know that ping can be used to scan a network. But
it does not seems to be the behavior of the alert. Since just one source sent 110 packages to only three IPs. And
then never triged other alert.

Shoud I be worried about it ?

If it's normal for you to have those events, then no, you shouldn't be worried.

Turn the rule off.

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT