Snort mailing list archives

Re: Pcap filename from --pcap-dir?

From: Alex Kirk <akirk () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 07:26:46 -0500

The --pcap-show directive is designed to spit out the name of each PCAP
being read out of a directory with --pcap-dir. Since it will give you the
name before any alerts on that packet, it makes it fairly easy to correlate
which PCAPs generated which events. I've used it many times on large data
dumps, it's quite useful.