Snort mailing list archives

Snort Block rules download for IPS mode

From: immanuel <immanuel2908 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 13:13:23 +0530

Hi All,

I am a beginner in Snort and i have configured snort and the test was
success. I have downloaded the default Snort rules available on the website
and i am able to see alert logs. But I could not find any alerts for block
or drop as all the default rules that are downloaded has only rules defined
to alert. Can you please guide to the place where i can download official
rules to block /drop unwanted traffic or guide me with the syntax to create
block/drop rules?

Following are my deployment scenario:

OS: CentOS 6.3
Snort version: 2.9.4