Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort alert file missing?

From: elof () sentor se
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:51:58 +0100 (CET)

I would suggest:

In your snort.conf:
output unified2: filename snort.unified2
output alert_fast: snort.alert

In your barnyard2.conf:
output log_tcpdump: barnyard2.tcpdump
output database: log, <sql-type>, user=x password=xxx etc

This will result in snort always logging to unified2 and to an ascii-file
immediately, even if barnyard2 and/or the sql server is offline.

Barnyard2 will then read events from unified2 and output them both to a
pcap file and to the sql server.

/Elof