Snort mailing list archives

Re: 'make' Snort to compile my own preprocessor

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:55:28 -0500

On 1/15/2013 16:00, Alex Adamos wrote:
'' To do what you want would require adding the appropriate C++ rules to
/configure.in <http://configure.in/>''/

So, is this frustrating? Could you help me with this?

the key item mentioned is to NOT use C++ at all... use only regular C syntax and
you should be ok...

Except this step, the others don't seem so much difficult..or am i not seeing
this clear :p ???!!! Nevertheless, i would like to try and compile it and see
what happens. If the compilation succeeds but in the end i'm not capable to make
my preprocessor work, i will consider the Starter Kit option.

thanks.