Snort mailing list archives

Re: Errors installing SNORT 2.9 to SuSE Linux 12.2 - rpm or tar.gz

From: "Kurt Jensen CISSP" <kjensencissp () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 12:40:40 -0400

Sure Joel, thanks for asking:

I will paste a few of the different example lines here, and attach the two page file with all of what I captured from
the command line (I had to make time to go back and run it again in a terminal type that lets us copy that text).

Example portion 1 (for the tar.gz package build method): (Note I just did a find and replace on this report info of the
real user name and just generalized here as  “user”)  The real user name is of course listed in the terminal window.
Just something I do (:>)

linux-4z7m:/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1 # make

make  all-recursive

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1'

Making all in src

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1/src'

Making all in sfutil

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1/src/sfutil'

make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1/src/sfutil'

Making all in win32

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1/src/win32'

make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1/src/dynamic-plugins/sf_engine'

make  all-recursive

make[5]: Entering directory `/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1/src/dynamic-plugins/sf_engine'

Making all in examples

make[6]: Entering directory `/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1/src/dynamic-plugins/sf_engine/examples'

make[6]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1/src/dynamic-plugins/sf_preproc_example'

make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1/src/dynamic-plugins/sf_preproc_example'

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/user/Download/Snort IDS/snort-2.9.4.1/src/dynamic-plugins'

make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.

For the RPM:

When trying to load that there is nothing more than the “nothing provides libcrypto.so.10” message build failed cannot
complete in spite of the fact I have a SuSE 12.2 build updated and with SSH plus how I have added several current
crypto libraries to try and beat this.

Lars