Snort mailing list archives

Snort report not showing any data - not sure if Snort is working

From: "Joe Nunham" <jnunham () parishsoft com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:53:19 -0500

Hello,

I recently installed Snort 2.9.3.1 on Ubuntu 12.10 x86_64. I followed the
guide here (http://www.snort.org/assets/158/snortinstallguide293.pdf) and
didn't have any issues when installing packages/configuring configuration
files. I can see that the interface I have Snort configured to listen on is
receiving data and a few of the snort.u2 logs are not 0 bytes. There are 4
of them that are and the barnyard2.waldo file is 0 bytes as well. When I go
in to the snort database and do a SELECT * FROM on any of the tables they
all return Empty set (0.00 sec). So when I go to look on Snort report I do
not see any data because as I understand it, Snort report is reading data
from the MySQL database.

I'm not sure what I may have misconfigured, any assistance would be
appreciate. If you need any additional information please let me know.

Thanks