Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort against DARPA 1999 Dataset

From: Zahra Hakimi <zhr.hakimi () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 08:11:28 +0330

Yes, it generated 17000 alerts but when I compared these alerts with DARPA
dataset master identification file, I found that any of them is true
positive alert.

Link to DARPA dataset truth file:
http://www.ll.mit.edu/mission/communications/ist/files/master_identifications.list

Thanks & Regards,
Zahra Hakimi

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com> wrote:

You said it generated 17,000 alerts, but then you say it didn't generate
any alerts.  Which one is it?

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPad