Snort mailing list archives

Re: byte_test and relative

From: Todd Wease <twease () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 14:49:26 -0400

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Brandon Castel <bcastel () wurldtech com>wrote:

Thanks Todd, that's roughly what I ended up coming up with. I think what
confused me is that the docs say "relative to the last pattern match" in
a lot of places which I guess I interpreted wrong. I did notice though
that asn1: relative_offset <x> says that it can be relative to any of
content, byte_test, or byte_jump... is that just an error in the docs or
something unique to ASN.1?

Looks like that's an error in the docs.  I'll write a bug to get that
updated to remove byte_test.  Thanks.