Snort mailing list archives

Only monitor high severity alerts

From: Tom Voussure <tom.voussure () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 16:09:19 +0100

Hi,
I've installed Snort some days ago for the first time, so i'm still a newby :-)

I've configured a SPAN port to monitor all our incoming/outgoing traffic from the internet and got lots of alerts
(around 50.000 in 3 days times).

As I can't review all of them, I would like to start concentrating on the high severity alerts only, and let the medium
and low severity alerts untouched.

Is there an easy way to only monitor the high severity alerts or to download only rules for high severity alerts?

Thanks !
tom